Welcome U.S. exhibitors!!
Traveling to Shows and Trials
in Canada is safe and convenient.

The US dollar is at a lower exchange rate currently (August 15, 2012)
so that each U.S. Dollar equals about $1. Canadian.
We recommend you exchange your money at your bank or an established exchange centre.

For Victoria City Kennel Club shows and trials in Saanichton you must take a ferry in order to attend.
There are 3 options available: B.C. there is BC Ferries who offer the very frequent service,
from Anacortes (close to Mount Vernon)  the Washington State ferries
and from Port Angeles on the Olympic peninsula the Coho ferry.

For Lower Mainland Dog Fanciers the show is held at the
Fraser Valley Trade and Exhibition Center, aka TRADEX,  (part of Abbotsford),
about 1 hour of east of Vancouver  and about 8 blocks north of the International border.

What do I need to know to enter Canada and return home afterwards?
Authorized identification is the key. You have many easy and cost effective options available.

These include
US Passport
US Passport Card
Enhanced Drivers License
Trusted Traveler Program Card (eg. Nexus)
You can find all the information at Western Hemisphere Travel Initative
Some are available on-line and some at the US Post Offices.

Special requirements for your dogs?
You may be asked to show that they have received
their Rabies vaccination before entering Canada.

What if we wanted to make a vacation of it? Are there other things to do in the area?
Yes, way too many to list here.
For the Victoria City shows in Saanichton check out Victoria and region
For the Travel the World shows at TRADEX check out  Abbotsford and region

  Site Map